Thursday, September 20, 2012

Patience and Action

I came across a great thought this morning!

"I learned that patience was far more than simply waiting for something to happen - patience required actively working toward worthwhile goals and not getting discouraged when results didn't appear instantly or without effort."

That's exceptionally pertinent to our day!

Our tendency is to just sit back and wait for the situation to right itself. What we really need are goals and a direction coupled with action!

Another of my favorite sayings is that "God can't steer a parked car!"


Did it ever occur to you that patience is an action word?

It just did to me!

Usually we think of patience as a passive thing, but the more I ponder it, the more I realize that patience requires action and perseverance not just sitting and waiting for something to happen!

In football I've heard it said that one of the differences between a good quarterback and a great one is the ability to allow a play to develop to it's full effectiveness rather than just trying to cram it through by sheer brute strength!

That requires patience, experience and trust in your team member's ability to do their job correctly.

Most often our most important teammate is God!

If we are doing our part we need to give him time in his deeper wisdom to put all the pieces together in the proper order and time frame!

We can either have a jumbled mess of paint splotches or we can keep paddling and let Him guide us to a masterpiece!

I think I'll be watching for the masterpiece to develop while I keep on paddling! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment