Thursday, September 20, 2012

Kiyosaki's 3 Principles

Robert Kiyosaki a prominent author on success listed 3 things that were absolutely critical to achieving whatever is important to you!

#1 Long term vision. #2 Delayed gratification. #3 The power of compounding.

My observation proves to me that there is a 4th one that holds most of us back. So I'm adding #4 The power of association.

Simple sounding list right? The problem is that most of us don't take time to fully ponder the ramifications of each of those points and why it made this list!

Take long term vision for instance; It's pretty easy to look into the future and say "this is what I want to accomplish." But that's not long term vision. That's only daydreaming.

Long term vision goes way beyond that. It involves answering questions like, Why?, What's important in my life?, What do I want my life to stand for?, etc...

Long term vision means understanding that you are not going to accomplish anything worthwhile overnight. You need to develop the vision of where you are going so that you can keep getting back up and charging for your goal every time you get knocked down! Long term vision makes you unstoppable, regardless of critics, situations, or obstacles!

In the end, if you develop the endurance to succeed, you will find that the greater reward is not just what you achieved, but who you became in the process! There is something truly powerful in that!

Success key #2 Delayed gratification!

Boy has our society ever convenienced that one right out of us!

One of the biggest obstacles to success that I see today is the attitude that I will give it 3-6 months and see if it works!

Every "overnight success" is a result of 20 years of sacrifice, personal development and hard work! Success is always on the other side of inconvenience!

One of the reasons that success doesn't just "happen" is because it almost always requires personal development! If not, you would have succeeded already! Hmmm... there's that word "change" again!

So #1 You have to decide what you REALLY want! Then #2 We have to commit to pay the price, whatever it is, for as long as it takes until IT IS DONE! Then #3...

Kiyosaki's 3rd trait of successful people was that they utilize the power of compounding!

Hmmm...At first glance, I was thinking "compound interest".

But the more I have read and pondered on this subject, the more I came to understand that he is talking about the power of compounding your efforts!

Think about this; you can only succeed so far by helping one person. But if you can figure out a way to serve hundreds or even thousands of people, how much more successful could you be at whatever you are trying to achieve?

I need to look at my life and ask myself, how many people am I impacting on a daily basis? 0? 10? 25? 10K? If I'm only impacting a few and I'm doing a valuable work, how can I "Compound" the number of people I affect?

If you're not sure how, think about all of the new technology today! 20 years ago, there was no way I could have connected with as many of you as I do everyday now!

How could that apply to what's important to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment